'Being skinny is not sustainable and not enjoyable,' says Anne Hathaway

By DAILY MAIL REPORTER

White hot: Anne Hathaway attends a screening of her new film Love and Other Drugs in New York


As she took to the red carpet last night in a white pinafore dress, a radiant Anne Hathaway looked completely comfortable in her own skin.

But the 28-year-old, who attended a screening in New York for her latest film Love and Other Drugs with Jake Gyllenhaal, has revealed she often felt pressure to diet and even surgically enhance her looks.

Hathaway, who first came to the world's attention in The Princess Diaries, admits it has taken her years to accept the way she looks.

'My identity used to be shaped on my appearance so much,' she said in an interview with the UK edition of Elle Magazine. 'I don't think I was shallow – I just think I was young.

'I focus on other things a lot more now.

'I've hit the point in my life where I understand that being skinny is not sustainable, and nor is it advisable, and nor is it enjoyable,' she said.


Cute co-stars: Anne Hathaway and Jake Gyllenhaal star opposite each other in Love and Other Drugs


Hathaway says that she was offered Botox injections when she was only 23 but refused them because she didn't want to 'erase' who she is.

'From the age of 25 to 27 – and this is a little embarrassing to admit – I looked under my eyes every single day, because I thought, "It's going, it's going, it's going!"

'And then I realised the other day they're not wrinkles; they're smile lines. If you look at pictures of me from a young age, I've been smiling the same way since I was little.

'And I had that wonderful moment when you realise, "That's who I am." Botox would erase that.'

Love and Other Drugs follows the story of a pharmaceutical salesman played by Jake Gyllenhaal who meets his match in Hathaway's character, an alluring free spirit who won’t let anyone tie her down.

The film opens in the US tomorrow.



All smiles: Anne and Jake share a laugh with Love and Other Drugs director Ed Zwicke (centre)




source: dailymail